Wednesday 7 January 2009

M&S Boss: "I won't take pay rise"

In a remarkable act of self-sacrifice, the CEO of Marks and Spencer, Sir Stuart Rose, confirmed that he would not be accepting a bonus or pay rise this year.

The TRUTH's Business Correspondent, reporting from inside the pocket of the Director, was told:

"I will certainly not be receiving a pay rise this year - my salary will remain at a reasonable 9-figure level."

Questioned on his motives for his martyrdom, he replied:

"I want all M&S employees to know this organisation is thoroughly a level playing-field.

"If business leaders including myself totally fuck up the market, and you all lose your jobs and starve to death, rest assured that I'll have to postpone my plans for a new beach mansion in the Bahamas all the way to next year.

"That's right: everybody will be making sacrifices - I'll only be able to buy my wife one luxury yacht for her birthday.

"It's right that the whole of this company takes the fall for my errors, even if it includes me."

No comments:

Post a Comment