Monday 12 January 2009

Harry in Racist Slur

Harry Hill has provoked outrage last night after it emerged that he had made racist comments to an Asian counterpart whilst training for Army duty.

In a video that has been examined by the press, the comedian refers to the soldier as a "raghead" and a "Paki".

An Army spokesperson condemned the act, saying:

"All soldiers should show respect for other races while they go and bomb countries to shreds in the name of British supremacy.

"This remark could cause grave offense to the millions that live in Asia. Those that are still alive after we've ravaged their lands, that is.

"The Prince should be a bastion for tolerance and justice - he can't just go around causing race relations disasters. That's our job."

Hill said of his actions:

"You're forgetting - I'm a total joke! It's my job to be hilariously incompetent.

"Don't expect me to behave responsibly - I'm totally out of touch. It's the role I've been born into!

"I make a laughing stock of myself, and the papers lap it up - and it's all at your expense! What lark!"

3 comments:

  1. haha! you don't write for private eye, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'm an admirer of theirs. My ignoble trifles are published in their shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you meant to entitle this post 'Harry in RACIST slur'.

    ReplyDelete